Welcome to Rhodes International Airport, the gateway to the beautiful Greek island of Rhodes. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, we have compiled a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the airport and make your travel experience as smooth as possible. In this guide, we will cover everything from airport facilities to transportation options and provide you with tips and tricks for hassle-free travel.
Rhodes International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that serves both domestic and international flights. The airport has a variety of facilities to ensure your comfort and convenience, including:
- Duty-Free Shops: Rhodes International Airport has several duty-free shops where you can purchase a wide range of products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, tobacco, and local products.
- Restaurants and Cafes: The airport has several restaurants and cafes where you can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee before your flight.
- ATMs and Currency Exchange: The airport has ATMs and currency exchange offices where you can withdraw cash or exchange your currency.
- Free Wi-Fi: Rhodes International Airport offers free Wi-Fi throughout the airport, so you can stay connected during your travels.
Rhodes International Airport is located about 14 km from Rhodes town and is easily accessible by public transportation, taxi, or rental car.
- Public Transportation: The local bus company, KTEL, operates a regular bus service between the airport and Rhodes town. The bus departs every 30 minutes, and the journey takes approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal, and the journey to Rhodes town takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. The taxi fare is fixed and displayed at the taxi stand.
- Rental Car: If you prefer to rent a car, several car rental companies have desks in the airport terminal, and you can book your car in advance or on arrival. Driving in Rhodes is relatively easy, and the island has a good network of roads.
Tips and Tricks for Hassle-Free Travel
- Check-in Online: Save time and avoid queues by checking in online before your flight. Most airlines offer online check-in, and you can print your boarding pass or download it to your smartphone.
- Arrive Early: We recommend arriving at the airport at least two hours before your flight to allow enough time for check-in, security checks, and boarding. During peak season, the airport can get busy, and queues can be long.
- Pack Smart: Make sure you check the baggage allowance and restrictions for your airline before you pack. Pack light, and avoid bringing prohibited items, such as sharp objects, liquids, and aerosols, in your hand luggage.
- Dress Comfortably: Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for your flight, especially if it is a long-haul journey. Dress in layers, so you can adjust your clothing to the temperature on the plane.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water before and during your flight to avoid dehydration. The air inside the plane is dry, and it can cause dry skin, headaches, and fatigue.
Rhodes International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a wide range of facilities to ensure your comfort and convenience. Whether you are arriving or departing, our comprehensive guide will help you navigate the airport and make your travel experience as smooth as possible. Remember to check your airline’s website for up-to-date information and travel requirements, and always follow the airport’s rules and regulations.
You can check out our Tours and Transfer here: